LANSING, Mich. — State Sen. Rick Outman announced on Wednesday that he has received his Senate committee assignments for the 100th Legislature.
Outman will serve on the following committees:
- Committee on Environmental Quality (chair);
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Capital Outlay (vice chair);
- Appropriations Subcommittee on K-12 and Michigan Department of Education (vice chair);
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Natural Resources and Environmental Quality (vice chair);
- Committee on Appropriations;
- Committee on Energy and Technology;
- Committee on Natural Resources; and
- Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
“Committee hearings are among the most important aspects of what we do here in the Legislature,” said Outman, R-Six Lakes. “The committee process is where the people who are affected by changes in the law have a chance to come voice their support or opposition or simply share their thoughts. I look forward to hearing from folks across the state as we work to tackle some of Michigan’s toughest issues.”
A full list of Senate committees and their memberships is available online at www.MiSenateGOP.com. Click on the Committees tab.