LANSING, Mich. — State Sen. Rick Outman announced on Tuesday that he has received his updated committee assignments for the new Legislature.
“Committee hearings are among the most important aspects of what we do here in the Legislature,” said Outman, R-Six Lakes. “The committee process is a critical part of a bill becoming a law. It’s where the people who are affected by changes in the law have a chance to come voice their thoughts on proposed legislation and have a say in the lawmaking process.”
Outman previously served on the Energy and Technology Committee and on the Capitol Outlay Appropriations subcommittee but will be leaving those roles and taking a new position as chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Community Health/Human Services.
Outman’s new assignments include the following committees:
- Committee on Environmental Quality (chair);
- Committee on Natural Resources;
- Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure;
- Committee on Appropriations;
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Community Health/Human Services (chair); and
- Appropriations Subcommittee on K-12 and Michigan Department of Education (vice chair).
“Taking on these new roles will bring new challenges as the state continues its response to the coronavirus,” Outman said. “I look forward to working with folks across the state as we continue working to get Michigan back on track and allow people to open up their doors and make a living.”
A full list of Senate committees and their memberships is available online at www.MiSenateGOP.com. Click on the Committees tab.